Shopping and buying online with your credit card is actually statistically more secure than using it in a department store. And, at Sophie’s Closet, our customers’ privacy and security are a top priority. We take every precaution to protect your online order information. We utilise one of the most secure transaction channels available in the world today.
Our eCommerce application includes the following security features :
- We use PayPal as our credit card payment gateway which ensures your credit card details are recorded in a highly secure 128 bit encrypted environment.
- All browsers are required to use a minimum of 40-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology (This means that there is no way to bypass the security systems).
- Digital certification to verify integrity and authenticity from this website.
- Encrypted card details are sent with your order to our accounts department to be processed. Your card details are erased from record as soon as your order is processed. This eliminates the risk of your credit card details being captured and used by unauthorized people.
- Each order is checked, one by one by our accounts department before processing.. This reduces the possibility of credit card fraud.
What does this mean?
This means that when you order a product from our website, you can rest assured that the highest security checks have been put in place to make sure that your details will not fall into the wrong hands.
Cookies are files or pieces of information that may be stored on your computer (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come from, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long it will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website and are used to store the content of your shopping cart while changing from page to page.
Some of the pages you visit may also collect information using pixel tags that may be shared with third parties such as Google Analytics. The information is not personally identifiable.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block or delete cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.